Friday, November 10, 2017

There's this and then there's that...




In case you have a problem with male nudity I am posting this double canvas that I created Monday and you can click to go here to that post to leave a comment which would be awesome if you so choose to do so.

In the meantime...
I returned back to my life drawing class which I hadn't been to since
August 1st...and I sure felt rusty.

Our session is broken down into segments of time and the model chooses his own poses. Jay likes to give us challenges...lol

These are the warm-up poses which last for 5 minutes each. I choose my  KOH-I-NOOR Woodless Colour Pencils which was the first time I used them and I liked them although I still prefer Watercolor pencils overall.

Then we get a 10-minute pose, which I sang the tune of Spiderman in my head as he looked like he was climbing a wall. He was actually just leaning against it but yeah, that's where my mind went. lol

Another 10-minute pose

A 20-minute pose, again leaning against the wall. I need to remember to go back and draw a wall line to anchor the poses.

And the final pose which was a little over 45 minutes broken down into 2 sessions so we all get a break to stretch.

linking up to

13 comments:

BrownPaperBunny said...

Your warm up poses are fantastic, you've captured the proportions so wonderfully. I panic when I'm given a time limit and end up with terrible drawings! ;) Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful life drawings, and good to see male models for a change. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

Great sketches

marijke everythings arty said...

Life drawings are really difficult and you have done great drawings.

Liz Powley said...

Oooh, I like how you've used multiple colours in the compositions. Particularly in the last one, very effective.

Life drawing can teach you so much about your own drawing style, speed and preferences. It is a great experience and you look to be taking wonderful advantage of it :D

Thanks so much for sharing.

Best wishes,
Liz

DVArtist said...

These are fantastic life drawings. It looks like you have a good model.

Christine said...

Lovely nude art, full frontal in some cases, no less...lol.

sirkkis said...

Awesome under water paintings and drawings are wonderful.
Happy PPF 💕

Giggles said...

I am always amazed when people can create on such time constraints!! You did an amazing job so quickly... love your fish too!! Well done with all the different poses!!

Peace Giggles

Jennifer McLean said...

You amaze me, I totally agree with giggles, working to a time constraint must be so daunting and you captured the male figure so well. I can't imagine any artist being offended. Well done! Visiting From PPF. Oh, my new blog is now live on my new wordpress site and I'm doing a giveaway tomorrow (Sunday). The giveaway will include a DIY Altoids tin with magnetic half pans, pencil & eraser, Hahnemuhle Grey Book toned paper sketchbook, Micron sigma pens, a Grumbacher watercolor brush and a bee magnet! Hope to see you there!

JKW said...

OMGosh I hate time restraints. . .great proportional life drawings. What fun. Blessings, Janet

Lynda Shoup said...

These are great, Sandee! I laughed heartily thinking of you humming the Spiderman song to yourself. I totally would have done that. I I haven't been in a life drawing class in decades and feel I could use a refresher. You make me think about getting back into a class.

Jackie PN said...

Sandee, I just love your life drawings! How cool that you even get to do these and how very cool that you completed such beautiful sketches with limited time...and how very very cool that you had a male model!!
I wanna come visit you and go to a few classes- How much fun, with both of us humming spider man...spider man... LOL
Seriously beautiful sketches Sandee- so glad you resumed and shared!
Jackie xo